Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's that time!

Bren will be starting his last year of preschool next week. He is very excited because he is in the "big boy" preschool class this year. He will also have his good buddy, Isabel, in his class this year so that is cool. I have been working with him all summer on his reading and he is starting to recognize words and point them out to me while we are reading his books every night. He is eager to learn to read his books and is constantly asking me to teach him new words. This is very exciting for us as his parents because we understand the importance of him having good reading skills and how that will help him throughout his life. That makes me think of a good Dr. Seuss quote: "The more that you read, the more you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."


I will be starting school full time in September working on my business degree. I found out last night that I have been officially promoted to assistant manager at my work so this degree will definitely help me at my job.

We have had a great summer, but we are definitely looking forward to the fall weather!!

1 comments:

Kira Tyler said...

Yay for Bren! Recognizing words is so awesome at his age! Way to go mom too! And congratulations on the promotion Shanna! Happy to hear about all this great news with your family!!!